MANDATE OF PLPPA
According to the Law, the activities of the Plateau State Bureau of Public procurement include:
FUNCTIONS OF THE BUREAU
- Consider, amend and review the monetary threshold for application by the procuring entities subject to approval by the Board.
- Approve the employment of staff of the Bureau other than the Director General and other Directors.
- Approve changes in procurement process to adapt to changes in technology;
- Give such other directives and perform such other functions as may be necessary to achieve the objectives of this law.
- Formulate the general policies and guidelines relating to public sector procurement for the approval of the Board.
- Publicise the provisions of this law
- Certify all State procurements prior to, during and after the award of any contract;
- Supervise the implementation of established procurement policies;
- Oversee and superintend compliance by all procuring entities with the procurement policies of the State
- Monitor the prices of tendered items and keep a database of standard prices;
- Publish the details of major contracts in the proposed State procurement standard journal;
- Publish paper and electronic editions of the proposed state procurement journals and Procurement Manual and maintain an archival system for the State Procurement journal; and
- Carry out such other functions which are essential to run an efficient procurement process and the effective implementation of its functions as detailed in this law.
FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF THE BOARD
- Consider, set, amend and review prior threshold for the application of the provisions of this law for implementation by procuring entities;
- Consider and approve policies on public procurement;
- Make recommendations in respect of any procurement guidelines or regulations to be made pursuant to the provisions in this Law;
- Approve the employment of the Directors of the Plateau state Public procurement Bureau;
- Receive and consider, for approval, the audited accounts of the Plateau State public procurement Bureau; and
- Give such other directives and or perform such other functions not being inconsistent with the provisions of this law, as may be necessary to achieve the objectives of this law